Accreditation Handbook—Chapter VII: Site Visitors
Site Visitor Application
The CAA accepts applications for the site visitor pool from November 1 – December 15 every year. Site visitors serve as part of the corps of volunteers who travel to university campuses to conduct accreditation reviews on behalf of the CAA for graduate education programs in audiology and speech-language pathology. Four-year terms start July 1 and are renewable.
Site Visitor Categories
The CAA identified three site visitor categories and distinct qualifications for each to ensure representation across the many perspectives of graduate education:
- Academic Faculty
- Clinical Faculty
If selected, all site visitor trainees still must meet qualifications when the term begins July 1.
Benefits of Volunteering as a CAA Site Visitor
- Develop and cultivate new professional relationships
- Observe research and programs in action
- Learn the ins and outs of academic program accreditation
- Gain knowledge on how the profession progresses
- Visit programs seeking accreditation across the United States
- Grow professionally
- Give back to the educational community
Commitment to Serve
- Attend an initial 2-day training workshop, funded by and held at ASHA’s National Office
- Complete a trainee site visit within the first two semesters after receiving initial training
- Commit to a four academic-year term, beginning July 1
- Be willing to participate in 1-2 visits per semester
- Participate in annual site visitor training updates/professional development by the CAA (usually at ASHA’s convention or through webinar)
- Serve as a site visit chair once requirements have been met (Academic Faculty only)
- Provide evaluations of fellow site visit team members
Application Process and Notification
If you meet the qualifications for any of the site visitor categories and are interested in promoting quality academic programs, please submit an application to become a CAA site visitor. Applications are accepted annually November 1 – December 15.
Required Application Information
- Curriculum vitae for past 5 years
- Names of 2 references
- Personal statement of the qualifications
- Statement of the applicant’s availability to conduct site visits
Site visitors are chosen by a committee of the CAA and voted on by the entire CAA during their February meeting. Notifications are made in March to all applicants whether or not they were selected to participate in the site visitor training. If selected, the CAA asks you to accept the appointment and verify your availability for the training dates. Individuals must successfully complete the initial training workshop to be considered part of the CAA Site Visitor Pool.
For in-depth information, please refer to Chapter VII: Site Visitors in the Accreditation Handbook. Please contact Accreditation staff at email@example.com if you have questions.