The CAA regularly conducts planning sessions to develop a multiyear strategic plan to support CAA in realizing its vision and purpose. The CAA use the results of the latest Customer Satisfaction Survey and other data to review and update its vision and purpose statements, reaffirm its Principles of Accreditation, and articulate its core values for administering a premier accreditation program.
Strategic Plan 2019–2021
The CAA developed a framework for its strategic plan to focus the council’s activities beginning in 2019. The CAA identified the following priorities and goals to guide CAA’s work over the next few years:
ENHANCE: Strengthen CAA’s reputation; improve CAA processes and procedures
- Improve operational performance
- Improve stakeholder experiences
- Promote a culture of leadership and engagement
EXPAND: Broaden the scope and influence of CAA
- Increase services and resources for existing programs
- Increase services and resources for developing programs
EXPLORE: Recognize, anticipate, and/or address changes within accreditation and/or professions
- Explore accreditation of entities beyond the current scope
- Increase knowledge of higher education, accreditation, and regulatory environment
- Increase knowledge of educational delivery models
- Explore alternative accreditation models.