Accreditation Handbook—Chapter V: Operation of the CAA
The CAA is composed of 18 members, including individuals representing CAA accredited programs, clinical practitioners who are employed full-time in non-academic settings, and 1 public member.
The CAA conducts face-to-face meetings 3 times a year.
- February 17-20, 2016 (ASHA National Office, Rockville, MD)
- July 20-23, 2016 (ASHA National Office, Rockville, MD)
- November 16, 2016 (Philadelphia, PA)
- February 15-18, 2017 (ASHA National Office, Rockville, MD)
- July 19-22, 2017 (ASHA National Office, Rockville, MD)
- November 8, 2017 (Los Angeles, CA)
Observe a CAA Meeting
CAA meetings, except for executive sessions as designated by the CAA, are open to individuals as observers. Individuals who are interested in observing a meeting must submit a request through email to the Council Chair at least 30 days prior to one of its regularly scheduled meetings.
CAA Member Elections
Elections are conducted annually to fill anticipated academic and practitioner member vacancies on the CAA. Program directors of CAA-accredited programs are notified by email in late August when the election opens, including a link to candidate statements to share with all faculty before the program’s vote is cast. Voting closes on September 15, unless otherwise notified.